Rama Gaming is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to us by our guests. As a service provider for OLG, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) applies to information collected on behalf of OLG, along with other privacy legislation. We protect your personal information in accordance with Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), as well as other applicable laws.
Rama Gaming ’s privacy statement governs the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information by and OLG, if applicable. It explains what types of personal information is collected from our guests, how it may be used, and how you can access your personal information or ask us questions about our privacy practices.
Any personal information collected by Rama Gaming on behalf of OLG, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999.
This policy governs our practices with respect to personal information that we collect from our guests through our products, services, including our website.
What is Personal Information?
Under applicable privacy law(s), ‘personal information’ means recorded information about an identifiable individual. Rama Gaming typically collects the following types of personal information:
- Identity information, including, first and last name and in some cases the partial identification numbers on government issued identification.
- Contact information, including your address, email address, phone number.
- Transaction information, like play history, and customer service history.
Rama Gaming collects your information for the administration of Loyalty Programs, or on behalf of OLG, for a variety of purposes. In each instance, we include a ‘Notice of Collection’ that describes exactly why we are collecting the information, how your personal information will be used, by whom, and why, as detailed below:
- Rama Gaming collects personal information to better serve our guests and provide a memorable player experience tailored to you. When you request to be a part of the Rama Gaming Loyalty program, we collect your personal information to offer promotional materials, to deliver marketing information, and to ensure that our guests are uniquely identifiable to access their loyalty account which allows our guests to control and monitor their loyalty points, play, and upcoming events.
- On behalf of OLG, we may collect our guests’ information and transaction history to create a better gaming experience for our guests and improve our product offerings.
- On behalf of OLG, we collect our guests’ personal information to ensure that we comply with applicable laws and maintain the integrity of our operations. Through collecting our guests’ personal information, we ensure that our guests are eligible to win prizes, required Family Responsibility office Checks (FRO) are processed, physical security of our guests and premises are maintained through surveillance, and to administer responsible gaming programs.
Rama Gaming may disclose your personal information to our marketing partners. In all cases, our third-party partners are contractually obligated to protect your personal information and Rama Gaming will not be responsible for any misuse of that information. Rama Gaming will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information.
In some cases, we may be required to disclose your personal information to fulfill our regulatory obligations, or to law enforcement where required by law. Rama Gaming is a service provider of OLG and will therefore disclose the personal information of individuals who participate in the Self-Exclusion Program to OLG. The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario regulates gaming in Ontario, and as such may require access to your personal information in the commission of its duties as regulator.
As a service provider for OLG, Rama Gaming is a caretaker of your personal information on behalf of OLG. On occasion, OLG may access your personal information in the administration of programs, marketing activities, and where required by law.
All records are retained in accordance with Rama Gaming’s Records Retention Policy and every effort is made to ensure that personal information retained by Rama Gaming is up to date, accurate and complete. Any records no longer required are retained per our records retention policy and securely destroyed, unless otherwise requested by our guests.
Access to personal information is strictly controlled for those employees who administer programs like marketing programs, loyalty or promotional programs, and the self-exclusion program.
Your rights are important to Rama Gaming. At any time, you may access your Loyalty Club account and update your information, as well as update your preferences. At any time, you may access your personal information and you may request corrections to your personal information held by either Rama Gaming or OLG. Please contact the Rama Gaming or OLG via email, or per the contact information shown below. At any time, you may request or ‘opt-out’ of communications from Rama Gaming either by phone, in person, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails (if applicable) generated by Rama Gaming and sent to you. Rama Gaming will not send you emails or text messages unless you have provided consent and/or ‘opted-in.’
Rama Gaming House Mississauga
2295 Battleford Rd, Mississauga, ON L5N 2W8
Rama Gaming House Toronto East
991 Kennedy Rd, Scarborough, ON M1P 2K5
70 Foster Drive, Suite 800, Sault Ste. Marie
OLG Support Centre
ON P6A 6V2